| Bookmark this page |
Bookmark this page
The noise during snoring is caused by vibration of parts of the nose and soft palate of the throat. At night, the muscles that keep the airways open relax, this narrows the airway and makes breathing more noisy. While the person snoring may not even realize it, it can be inconvenient for others staying in the same house. More than 30% of the population snores, but men are more likely to snore.
Snoring may be due to hereditary reasons like the shape of face and jaw. However, there are some additional factors which can cause snoring.
1. Sleeping on your back. The tongue falls back on your throat, and blocks breathing.
2. Alcohol and sleeping tablets relax the muscles of the throat.
3. In overweight persons, the additional fat in the throat increases the pressure on the airways.
4. Compared to non smokers, smokers are twice as likely to snore, since the airways are inflamed and blocked by smoke.
5. Cold, allergies, a damaged nose or structure of jaw can block the nose while sleeping
Light snoring can be ignored or the person can use simple self help techniques. People who snore often suffer from sleep apnea , which causes high blood pressure and other health problems. People who also suffer from sleep apnea are likely to feel sleepy throughout the day, so a sleep study is recommended. In children snoring may be due to tonsils or adenoids.
Some remedies for snoring are:
1. Lose weight so that you maintain the ideal weight. Try to lead an active lifestyle.
2. Avoid drinking alcohol, eating heavy meals atleast 4 hours before you go to sleep. Also avoid taking sleeping pills and sedatives.
3.Sleep on your side. Use a few pillows to raise your head a few inches above the rest of your body while sleeping, so that the airways are not blocked.
4. Nasal passages can be kept clear using a humidifier, inhaling steam, nasal strips and nasal sprays. A continuous positive airways pressure (CPAP) machine may also help, but it is available only on prescription.
5. For loud snoring, which affects health adversely , surgery may be used. Laser surgery vaporizes part of the palate and radiofrequency ablation will shrink the excess tissue. However, surgery should only be used when all other treatments fail.
ZYPPAH snoring device is an FDA-cleared, self-molded, boil-and-bite snoring mouthpiece that offer unique and effective solution to eliminate snoring . ZYPPAH snoring device Hybrid oral applaince that delivers efficient snoring solution by the combining action of positioning your jaw forward and holding your tongue in place by using patent-pending elastic.
© Copyright nosleep.in